New perspective

5:10 PM / Posted by Kenious Kongiaz /

The one week I have spent serving the nation was not really wasted. I have found new perspectives through the exchange of experiences with my fellow buddies. It was a rather invigorating break from the normalcy of my working life. And the camp was as if another dimension where everyone became another person. Vulgarities, obscene jokes and pranks were just part and parcel of the "new" life in this dimension. I could never have imagined anyone of us doing what we have done in ORQ or at Orchard.


I have never laughed so hard and slept so much. In a way, in spite of all the inefficiencies, the heat, the loss of civilian comfort, the ICT was in fact a much needed therapy that I needed. And I have found much more. Talking to my buddies, I realised that I have lost track of what I was looking for all these while.

Knowing that the bond with them was still there was a comforting thought. And I appreciate them for who they are.

And on my part, I will need to reach out to them and not get lost again.

On a whole, the chain of unfortunate events starting from late June and escalated in September, is a reminder of how much more I need to put in my best in my work. And how I need not envy others' lifestyle but to develop my own.

Certainly, the best thing that came out of the ICT is that there are much more options thrown out to me. Just like 5 years back, when I had switched course to Accountancy, this is another defining period.

I realised that I am too easily distracted. No good. Have to work harder on that aspect.

Labels: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment