New place @ Outram

11:07 AM / Posted by Kenious Kongiaz /

The whole family has shifted to a place at Outram. The first thought that screamed in my mind was.."Have I stepped into the 1970s?" It was a lone housing, built around the same time as those in Queenstown or Tao Payoh, which stood atop a small hill. It also meant that I had to climb up the hill after a long day at work.


Everything was so different from the usual HDB stuff that I had envisioned. There were 2 rooms with really poor sound-proofing, doors with opening at the top, the electric box with wooden casing, one toilet that the whole family shared and a small living room that housed everything else. There is no SCV line. There is no internet (which could be remedied as I am typing this). I just went back to 1970.

Such experiences are meant to be lived and not complained about. I soon learnt to appreciate the place. I loved my room as it was relatively spacious and allowed me to furnish it to my own liking. The strategic location of the housing meant that I could take either the NEL or the east-west line. The office is within walking distance. There are tons of food just at the foot of the place. In short, short of a Starbucks, I HEART the place.

The irony is that I will not be spending too much time in it. I am currently on a one-week break in Hong Kong. Next week, I will be away in Hunan for a month. Following which, I will be in Xiamen for 2 weeks. I do hope that I can take some time off and explore the place a bit. I think that there are a few places that reminded enigmatic to me like the Ann Siang Hill area, the Chinatown market area.

As the Chinese saying goes, "Ri Jiu Sheng Qing."

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment