Day 1 in Hunan

12:41 AM / Posted by Kenious Kongiaz /

After nearly 4 hours of flight from Singapore to Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, and 2 hours of waiting for transit and another 1 hour of flight from Guangzhou to Hunan, I reached Changsha. The first thing I noted was the freeze. It was really cold. Much colder than I expected. I was constantly breathing out smoke. It was fun, but at a price.

Xiao Xu fetched us from the airport and brought us to Gold Source Hotel (金源大酒店). The hotel is the second nicest one that I have stayed. The room is big enough for a couch and a coffee table AND a king-sized bed (well almost but definitely bigger than a queen-sized).

The dinner was as usual, full of people. The food is really spicy but its really good. i heart the soup too. Then the usual drinking. Can we drink Wang Lao Ji instead?

After the dinner, Xiao Xu brought us to Carrefour, where we stocked up on some necessities of life.....Cup noodles and other junkies.

By now the temperature is fast approaching zero and its raining. FYI, we had to walk in the awful razor cold wind, piercing rain and the zeroing temperature. It was more than cold. Luckily I brought my fats and some of the Singapore heat with me.

We settled down and went to fourth floor of the Hotel, in search of the Gym. There was a gym alright and it is appropriately equipped. There are also 2 billiard tables, 3 ping-pong tables AND around 7 lanes of bowling alley.

Every room is entitled to 2 free games. As such, the four of us played. In the end, the focus was not on the score but on how LOUD we can slam the bowling ball onto the alley lane. Cold sweat.....

Probably this is the only post on my Hunan trip because I can foresee the remaining days would be monotonously boring.

Labels: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment