Friday and Saturday

12:55 PM / Posted by Kenious Kongiaz /

Met up with my JC mates on friday night. It was a bigger group and some of them I have not seen in years. Lixia, Shuzhen, Apple, Yunita, Xinyi, Fiona, Melvin, Zhenshen, FY, CY, SB and KK....almost everyone was here... We had dinner at Dome, which by the way is located at the main entrance of Marina Square (I got lost looking for it). I had Cesar salad with salmon and ice latte.

I left earlier to catch Transformer 2. It was better than what my peers and brother told me. The plot although was a bit thin and predictable but I like how simple ideas like co-existence, friendship and faith was put across. Of course, the cool animations!

I cabbed back at around 2.30am and along the way I saw the massive queue at ComCentre. Its really mad and I think Singtel still has not learnt its lesson after almost a year. And to think that I am going for the crazy queue in less than 6 hours time.

In the end, I reached there at around 1pm and queued for 5 hours. The experience wasn't good but it was definitely better than the first time round. Finally, at around 6.30pm, I got my iPhone 3GS!!!!!

I must admit, the sense of exuberance is not there. With the similarity in model, and we got to experience OS 3.0 and a host of reviews and video presentations, the initial kick is not there as of the first iPhone I have gotten.

Well, to be fair, the new iPhone is great. I totally dig the video function and I think I will be using it most of the time.

Me and Derrick then rushed to the Indoor Stadium. The journey there was ferried by a clueless taxi driver who, in my opinion, is someone who does not have any opinions at all. He did not know what he was doing and at least we know our way around, what if his next customer does not know? Will he just sit in his seat and keep asking, "So how do you want to go? I don't really know the way there." He is totally hopeless....from Queenstown to Kallang. What supposed to be a linear drive from my place, to city, up Nicoll Highway and exit to Kallang stadium. He simply went up north to Toa Payoh, headed to Sims and into Kallang.....=_=

Ok enough of bad stories of horrid drivers.

Sun Yanzi's concert was really great. It was uplifting and I really like her voice. It was round and powerful. One thing that stood out was the stage and effects. There was a part where she was on top of a floating platform, sang and played the piano. And the most amazing part was the hologram! It was something that I have not seen before. The image looks like the real thing! She did 2 encores before the whole event ended.

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment